View Single Post
Old 04-02-17, 10:56 PM   #1
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Default Release Date Pushed back again

Latest on the Steam page is a release period of 3Q 2017.

looks like we are going to be steaming into September+ before a hard release date is known

on the one hand, we have seen developers advertise heavily on the eye candy and push back release dates and build anticipation only to pull a bait and switch in delivering a sub par product with minimal post release support

on the other hand, it could be that the dev team is wanting to release their product in as close to perfect condition as possible. Goodness knows we have seen our fair share of premature releases in the subsim genre over the last decade

i for one think that Uboot is a promising title and has a lot to offer based solely on what i have seen, but i maintain a bit of skepticism and will certainly be posting a detailed review of the game giving the good, the bad and the ugly as soon as i possibly can find the time to play it for a week or so, organize my thoughts and present them here.

so what do you guys think?

looming eye candy bait and switch tactic - or - dedicated dev team trying their best to out-deliver previous subsim genre titles ?