View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 04:23 PM   #107
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcattwo
@Delareon: What Friedl9te said: plus - please also forgive me for some of the "non-standard" German phraseology (you can blame Babelfish for "Nockel gelassen"). I am not a natural German speaker and I'm sure some of the commands look a bit strange to you. There are instructions in the readme on how to custom tailor your voice_commands.csv file to suit the way you speak, but as Friedl9te told you, you have to put in the commands phonetically for the (English speaking) speech interpretation engine from M$ to understand what you are saying in German. Keep trying
There is nothing to forgive Tomcattwo
Babelfish is strange... no matter what language.. tried to translate some sentences from German to english and vica versa.... LOL is my very academic summary from this tries
But on the other hand i think some of my english sentences are not much better then some babelfish translations *g*

As Friedl9te explained to me its quite hard to "simulate" german language with an
english speaking Software... So it sounds to me that we have to wait for an German
"Addon" for that speech recognition software, to get a real good solution, but i also think that there will nothing come from M$, maybe for Vista but definately not for XP. The reason is simple u cant really put all that commands in phonetically because
there are many german phrases u cant "simulate" in english.
One simple example is the letter ü. I dont see a chance to convert that into an phonetical english phrase.
Same Problem like between most of the other languages in the world i think.

A really good project but the limitations of the M$ Software are horrible in that case.
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote