View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 04:01 PM   #25
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

I would be very tempted, if it was my computer and SH4 install, to de-activate all of the OMEGU and OM mods. Then un-install Silent Hunter 4 from the computer. Then delete the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder, or where ever you happen to have your Save folder. After that, re-install SH4, making certain to NOT put it in a Program Files folder. Edit the install path yourself, and install in a folder you made. Then bring back in JSGME, LAA (read CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install thread) & MultiSH4 (if you use it). Run JSGME and use the "Create snapshot" ~before~ you add any mods.

After that, add your mods, being certain that the folders are all correct. Look-out for folders double-named, such as "MODS \ OMv705_to_V720 \ OMv705_to_V720", and remember that some of lurker_hlb3's mods are inside a "collection" folder, such as the "OMEGU_v300_pkg", which holds eight (8) mods inside of it...

I would do the "base" OM, updates and patches only initially, and see what it looks like. Delete the Save folder again, and add-in OMEGU, updates and patches and run it again. Then you could add in other mods and see what things look like. Be sure to delete the Save folder between changes!
At this point I've already re install the entire game for the 5th time already (including save games folder). Furthermore I've always unzip every mods in separate physical hardrive and break it down the sub-mod separately before copy-paste them to the game mods folder. I'm fully aware of the directory structure. And LAA also isn't relevant for my system which only have 2 GB of RAM

At this point I no longer using OMEGU since it keep broken any kind of weather, not to mention the unrealistic looking water compare to the stock water.
arief.satriyo is offline   Reply With Quote