View Single Post
Old 08-18-18, 01:05 AM   #9
Shibbyland
Seaman

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

I really need some advice with this but I've started again and I just keep getting save game issues. The game will work fine for ages but then at some point I turn on the PC, load up SH5 and try to load a save game only for it to crash to desktop, likewise with all the separate save games I have available.

Here's what I've tried so far. I tried a complete fresh install of SH5 and TWoS. I've never overwrite save files, I do not rely on autosave files. So I might do 10 separate save files then once I've got too many I'll delete them all and continue with another 10 new saves. I make sure I let the save files sync before exiting Uplay.

I have had limited success in restoring the saves. I went into offline mode and managed to get 1 of my 6 saves running but was unable to run any scripts in it. I went into my documents folder and deleted all previous profiles from other campaigns and restarted the PC, that got one of the autosaves running again.

If anybody has seen this before and knows what causes it or how to solve it when it happens so I don't keep losing progress I'd really appreciate any info you have.

Last edited by Shibbyland; 08-18-18 at 01:36 AM.
Shibbyland is offline   Reply With Quote