View Single Post
Old 03-08-10, 03:54 PM   #49
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Looking at your posts it would appear you are mixing ogg and MP3 files....that has always been taboo
Nope, not originally when I first noticed the problem. I started out with nothing but ogg files, and the game would skip files, lag in between files while it (I assume) looked for the next one to play, and sometimes crash entirely.

By trimming the folder down to a couple dozen files and experimenting, I determined that it was always skipping or having trouble with specific spots in the sequence (second, fourth, seventh, ninth, etc.) no matter which files were in those spots. No matter what I played with as far as renaming the files, or with taking some tracks out and putting in others, the same pattern occurred.

When I took all those files out of the folder and dropped in a bunch of mp3s from My Music folder, none of which I'd used in the game before (no Hendrix on a uboat, lol), they all played in the proper order by filename. Alphabetically at first, then numerically when I renamed all the files 001, 002, and so on.

So I cleared those out and put mp3 versions of about 30 of my SH3 tracks in there, including all the ones I'd been trying the play before as ogg files. Except for two that I didn't have in mp3, which I put back in as ogg since I'd never had problems with them playing in that format and I figured if I still had problems I'd just convert them over.

The first time through, the game didn't play one of the mp3s, which I then put back in as ogg and then it played fine.

The only other thing that didn't play was one of the other ogg files (Radio Deutschland), which had always played fine before even when I was having problems with half of the other tracks in an all ogg folder.

But there were no lags, no other skips, and no crashes, even with a mixed bag of mp3 and ogg, it's working far better than it ever did before.

I'd still like to stick with one format or the other, but right now I'll take whatever seems to work.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote