View Single Post
Old 09-28-07, 10:29 PM   #10
neumanf15
Seaman

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

I haven't gotten a chance to test in combat, but it seems to be good to go when I man the deck guns, so here's my input on this:
You CAN get both deck guns manned by AI, IF you are willing to do a little editing in your save game...
I have that nasty bug that won't let you switch deck gun positions without losing all deck gun crew positions. My deck gun was set to fore before I got the dual guns. It will only let me control the fore gun myself and my crew would only man the fore gun... SOOOO I had to go in and edit my save game per Coletrains (post #14) in this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...highlight=deck

I switched my crew to the Aft Gun Deck and it was working fine. I could do what you were talking about AirborneTD - I man Fore, AI mans Aft.

But then I got to thinking:hmm:, "Shouldn't I be able to do this again, but make BOTH decks mannable by AI?" So I tried it - It SEEMS to have worked (again, not combat tested yet, but I hit man the deck gun and I look to see both guns manned)... Here's what I did:
I'm going to assume you read Coletrains' instructions in the link I provided. They are a lot more detailed than mine, but not patricularly necessary for this fix.
You have to do this while in port.
Go into the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file in your save folder, per the thread above. Back it up first!
Find the gun deck that is not currently manned (Either Compartment 7(aft) or Compartment 8(fore)). You should see (substitute 7 for 8 if your fore gun deck is currently manned):
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]
Remove the words AdditionalRepository so it says:
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 1]
Repeat for Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 2.
Don't change anything else. Save.
Load the game. You should see two gun decks, one with your original gun crew and one with two empty slots. Put some crew in the new slots and head out to sea.

Now if only I could figure out how to make it let me choose which deck gun to man!
neumanf15 is offline   Reply With Quote