View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 01:17 AM   #756
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
To Luke and the RFB Team. First let me say, I love this mod and would NOT play SH4 without it. Now not to sound ungrateful or anything along those lines, but I always wondered why (I can't remember if there ever was) there was no authentic sound for the Fairbanks Morse engines? I'm sure you are familiar with this site: http://hnsa.org/sound/index.htm If you scroll down to the sounds of the Pompanito, you will find a clip of the start and run up of the Fairbanks Morse. Couldn't this somehow be used in RFB?
The reason I don't use the audio sample from the Pamapnito is that it is recorded (obviously) in one of the diesel compartments. As we don't have 3D diesel compartments in SH4, I wanted to use a sound that simulated hearing the diesels in other compartments with the bulkhead doors shut, as like the 3D interior model shows.

Quote:
Also I recognised several other sound clips that were in RFB in the past. Don't know why they were ever taken out
I just didn't like them. A case of something that I thought was great at first that I didn't end up liking later.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote