Old 04-29-19, 11:29 AM   #11
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
It's so nice to see that you guys manage to put 3D models in the game

If only this was possible with sub types too, there is a mod that is (or was) worked-on for putting a Type IX sub in the game. The models seem to already exist, but then the project came to a stop...
We still don't have the "Ultimate SH5 3D-Importing Full-Featured Tool", but adding new models to the game, both as dat and gr2-format object, is something that has been here for years; blame us lazy modders if we don't have many examples of new goodies added to the game.

While not the easiest task, importing small units and simple objects in SH5 is not as hard as a newcomer might think, but talking about big ships and playable subs, importing (let alone modelling) them can be a long and frustrating exercise if we want the final result to be up to par with comparable stock vessels. Mkii (the guy who was working on the Type IX U-boat for SH5), had done an excellent work, and it is a real pity that he disappeared from the modding scene before he completed (or handed-over) his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
I hope the mod maker will read here, maybe this is a solution for him
I used to be in touch with him, for discussing technical stuff, but he disappeared suddenly and he has not checked the forum since early 2018. Maybe Vecko knows more: I know he was closely following mkii's work...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote