View Single Post
Old 02-19-08, 08:57 AM   #41
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2
I changed the config to not use the shaders and now it works but I can't force the game to run with shaders on my radeon x1950 which should be opengl 2.1, that's a shame, because it looks very good. Keep up the good work.
Kriller2, download the freeware program glview. It will give you precise and very detailed information on the status of various opengl 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.1 driver compliance.

I have a x1950pro with catalyst 7.10 installed on my system, and glview tells me that the drivers are 100% opengl 2.0 and 33% opengl 2.1 compliant.
Of the opengl 2.1 specification, the drivers implement only one function (GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object) while the other two funtions (shading language version 1.20 and GL_EXT_texture_sRGB) are not yet implemented.

Its a pity that the developers of danger from the deep didn't take into account that ATi has not yet implemented full shading language 1.20.
Thats why the game crashes on Ati cards and you have to disable shaders.
Now if they could provide backwards compatibility with shading language 1.10 (which is fully supported on the opengl 2.0 specification) Ati cards wouldn't have problems.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote