View Single Post
Old 04-14-18, 05:49 AM   #52
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Just a thought on this subject really and i do think a lot of people miss the point.

Way back when this began the Assad regime invited Russia to operate from Tartarus and also asked them to assist in the defense of the (like it or not) Legitimate regime and help defend it against ISIS.

The the USA UK and France rocked up uninvited and started hitting ISIS targets in the country under the prelude "war on terror" now in reality that is a violation of Syrian Sovereignty i have looked back at all different sources and not once did i find an open invite for the west to start bombing targets (maybe some one can assist here) but at that time it suited both sides, but technically the West has declared war on Syria.

The Syrian government and Russia have a joint defense agreement (like the UK USA) Assad is able to use (like the UK can) its allies assets in time of war provided they are based on their own territory, the USA has directly stated it is targeting Syrian targets thus it in terms of legality declared war on Syria.

The United Nations never sanctioned the current strike using Article VII there fore the Syrian government and her allies have the right to strike back in defense.

Just seem's to me that the steps that are there are being ignored by both sides.
Those are all excellent and cogent points that merit re-reading.