Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
I heard coca cola does wonders to that.
Not joking, I'll try to link the article after work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ If you have nothing else, try Cola. If you have WD-40, try this.
Both are better than nothing, but not much.

If you really want to loosen screws effectively, take something like rust-shock or chemical wrench, or mix some acetone with hydraulic fluid. Latter one is cheap, but destroys paint, so use only on unpainted parts..
Never going back to WD-40 again, this stuff is almost useless.
It's been a bit but I did manage to change my rear shocks. Turns out both of them were bad although only one of them was in dire need of replacement. I put Bilstein touring class shocks in and it made a world of difference. First drive felt like the rear end was glued to the road.

Got that bolt loose with a breaker bar and a 18mm impact socket. I made sure to torque it to spec when I put it back in so it wouldn't be too hard to get out in a few months when I upgrade to Bilstein HD's.

EDIT: I did actually use some CLP I had lying around for my guns. That helped a bit.

I did all my work at a friend's tire shop one evening and in turn I agreed to help him with a power steering rack and pinion and brake job he needed done on his Mustang Mach One.

Got the car up on stands and took the wheels off....promptly snapped two bolts because it turns out Ford doesn't know how to use good bolts. Put everything back together and he ended up paying a mechanic to do it all.

Next project is going to be the Clutch Delay Valve delete as soon as I can get a couple tools and a friend willing to help.