View Single Post
Old 05-24-10, 04:14 PM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Fred,

Got your mission, you can relax, your time trigger works fine. The problem is Time triggers, at least from what I know are hard to use in Campaigns. Simple reason, you don't know when they are going to send you on the mission.

Time trigger do not use the actual date you enter, they use the difference between the mission start date and the time trigger date. So when the mission start changes the times trigger "time" changes.

Here is the time trigger in your mission.

[Trigger 1]
TrigName=Find and Engage
Type=1
Time=1017210

Time= 1.9+ years !!

The mission was written with a start date of 1940-1-1 and the trigger is set for 1941-12-7. BUT when the mission starts Dec 1, 1941 or Dec 2 the time trigger moves ahead 1.9+ years.
I changed the mission start date but because of when they started me, the message did not arrive until Dec 8, by that time the Task Force is gone.

I just ran it again and it started me on Dec 2 at 1400 hrs. That makes the message 38 hours late.

The message.txt file did give a message in the "message box" stating that Pearl was attacked, unfortunately the message on the clipboard was "message content". So there must be a mistake in that file. It's the stock file.

A possible solution is to give a message when they arrive at their Patrol zone of opening sealed orders and intelligence suspects the Japanese may attack. Negotiations are not going well, partol the area blah.....blah....blah.... rather then try to get a time trigger to work. Unless someone else knows something I don't about them. Also suggest making the area bigger.

Anyway, it was not a mistake on your part, the message trigger works fine, you just had to wait 2 years to get it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote