View Single Post
Old 01-22-12, 10:00 PM   #3
Darkhunter
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Hmm, Molon Labe as great as it is to get a response I have to say I'm a complete amateur to all of this...and "programming/coding/whatever" too. I'm not even sure what you just said. If you asked me the difference between C+ and C++ I would say that C++ is plus one times better.
Edit: Actually, that's easy enough. Besides the .bat comment, I understand how to use Cmputil. Now, the purpose of cmputil bewilders me. Unfortunately I'm not sure of the purpose for decompress, either.

Through more forum searching I found the following (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=compress)
"Drop it in your graphics folder.

then open the DOS command line and navigate to your dangerous waters\graphics folder

then type

cmputil 3d alfa.J3D

and cmputil 3d alfa.bmp"

So after looking up how to even use the command prompt (yeah, I'm that bad) I've successfully compressed a .bmp and .jpg image of an F-14 Tomcat. I tried editing the controllers.ini to have the bitmap image show the F-14 bmp but it doesn't show when I select the F-14 platform in-game. I'm literally doing trial and error here since when I hear "opening...compressing...sorting.....done!" I'm thinking "OH FUX YEAH, F-14 TIME." In reality, "compressing" means as much as jubobbles to me. What are jubobbles, you say? No one knows.

By your response I'm compressing the bmp/jpg files into the 3d .grp file. Ok, did that. Is it okay to assume that if I modify the controllers.ini correctly that my image should appear upon selecting the f-14 platform?

Anyways, thanks for the help, but still not sure what to do. If anyone can crash course me---if that's even realistic---then I'm all ears.

Btw, I kinda like the command prompt. Makes me feel like I'm hacking into some hardcore mainframe somewhere. Someone would be like "some fuxing with dat mainframe" and I'd be like "just give me one more minute, loading up the cmputil and wiring $5,000,000,000 to my offshore accounts."

Regards,

Still in the Dark

Edit: Actually, let's reverse engineer this crap. In the following line, where is "P3_US.jpg" located? Or, where can I compress another image to take it's place? Specifically, if I wanted to change the P3's bitmapname to something else, where does BitmapName locate it's source?
[Interface] "p3" 25
[BitmapName] "P3_US.jpg"

Last edited by Darkhunter; 01-22-12 at 10:28 PM.
Darkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote