View Single Post
Old 04-14-07, 04:30 PM   #1
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Default [TEC] Alternate Ship Routes

I made this explanation specifically for some people, but I thought I'd share it with the general mission editing public since it'd sure be of help to anyone making missions

If you want to build different route choices into your units - use the Loop to Waypoint function!

Examples:
Two alternate routes -

At waypoint 1, your unit has a 50% chance to go to waypoint 2, or skip to waypoint 5. If it chooses 2 and follows along, it will automatically skip to waypoint 8 once it reaches waypoint 4, because the loop chance is 100%.

That way you have the possibility of two distinct routes for the unit - an western route (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -8), or an eastern route (1 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8), with an equal chance of the unit taking either one. You can always make it unequal by changing the probability % on waypoint 1

Three alternate routes -

It's the same exact logic, just a little more complex! This way you have three routes northern (1 - 2 - 3 - 9), middle (1 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 9) and southern (1 - 4 - 7 - 8 - 9). Each of them has an equal chance of being taken - 1/3 will go to waypoint 2 and follow the, while at waypoint 4 the remaining 2/3 will split equally between the middle and southern route. As usual, all units reaching WP 3 and WP 6 skip to 9 because of 100% chance.

You can make these route choices as complex as you'd like. Very handy

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote