View Single Post
Old 06-09-08, 04:00 PM   #1
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default OS discussion

Hello everyone,

This may be a bit off topic but I just posted a response to a fellow subsimmer telling him (half-seriously) to get a mac to resolve any critical faults with Vista.

After some thinking I realized I could use some info from experienced PC users. A brief search of google yielded little aside from "Get a PC!" and "Get a Mac!"

As a long-time, modestly experienced PC user I can say that PCs eventually develop fatal problems for me. Despite my best efforts to maintain them they always fail eventually at some disastrous level. Because of this I purchased an Imac last year and have been immensely satisfied. Sure my vista has tanked a couple of times, mostly due to my gf getting viruses (esp. those "You have a virus, buy this to remove it" types) but the Mac portion has never failed me.

I'm hoping for experienced perspective from the hardened veterans of computer programming and repair as I assume a great deal of talent and experienc must go hand-in-hand with the technical expertise provided by members of this forum.

In short, for Sh3, 4 (and GWX!!!!) and all (hopefully) future subsims as well as other programs, what are your views on which operating system is superior or inferior? What are the advantages? What are the drawbacks? What would you suggest for a comparitively illiterate user such as myself?

All comments and criticisms are welcome,
Thanks!

P.S. If I need to provide more specific details on anything I will be happy to oblige.

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote