View Single Post
Old 08-29-09, 08:29 PM   #10
pawnslinger
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default T-72 Iron Warriors

I purchased this game a year ago on Steam and it never worked... I couldn't get it to start-up. I asked Steam for help, that was a lot like talking to a brick wall. So I wrote it off. It was only $5 after all.

Then today, I read somewhere that it was a problem with the Divx drivers. I checked the Microsoft compatibility website, and sure enough, I had old Divx drivers installed. I went to the Divx website and downloaded the latest driver package, 7.0, and then tried the program again (after a reboot naturally).

IT WORKS!!

It works well. I am running Vista 64 Ultimate and with the correct Divx codec loaded, it runs quite well.

Also, on another note, when I upgraded from my old Windows 9x system to my Vista 64 system, I had to give up Armored Fist 3... the downloadable demo worked, but my old CD wouldn't install. I bought a new disc, same story... the installer crapped out. So I gave Steam another shot, and picked up Armored Fist 3 from them... IT WORKS!! The graphics are kind of blocky, but I love this game. Without the download, I would have had to give up this game.

I don't care what I've heard about Steam (mostly bad), I am a happy camper now!

By the way, thanks to advice I got in this forum, I am also running Steel Fury under Vista 64 with no problems... kind of strange keyboard command interface, and a weak engine in the training tank... but it runs with Vista 64 quite nicely. Thank you to everyone here that helped me make that purchase!
pawnslinger is offline   Reply With Quote