View Single Post
Old 02-14-17, 12:42 PM   #3
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lato79 View Post
While on patrol off the eastern coast of Indochina my sonar man picked up a single contact, which turned out to be a Japanese merchant, alone, headed for Camranh Bay. I closed to within visual range, which was tricky as the seas where very heavy, but the sky was clear and visibility good. I actually laughed to myself that you could see the ship pitching about in the waves. Bow up first then stern, from a good 10nm away. I began to set up my approach and accelerated ahead of him on his plotted course and pulled up perpendicular about 2000y off and began readying my tubes. All this time I was getting my sound man to relay contact details. And was also checking the sonar bearing plot on the map. All of a sudden the sonar contact goes dead, the bearing indicator dissappears and to my surprise on the map a little ship sunk icon turns up!? I immediately surface the boat and head over at flank speed to investigate but nothing. I can only presume she sank in heavy seas?... Really interested to know if anyone else has had this or anything similar happen?
I've also had it happen to me many times. I won't go as far to say that it is a known bug, but it seems like I've seen it happen in all of the different versions of SH4 and even with the mega mods.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote