Old 10-23-17, 12:41 PM   #8
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Aquelarrefox,
when you are talking about real navigation , you mean celestial navigation or something else ? Celestial navigation is not possible in sh3 [clock times and stars positions are not matching.look here (the damn imageshark deleted the images but you will get the meaning):http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=57]. Did that times problem solved and i missed it?

If you are not talking for celestial navigation then how are you determining your own position on map ? is there a procedure for determining your position with great accuracy ? i am suspecting that without your boat showing on map ,you will always have inaccuracies which are more responsible for the final outputs

hello B_K,

i didn't said that is a 'historical' method.i made the video with sh3 thats why you see it here.
I explained at the description of the video why i used the hydrophone lines.Of course,there were not back then hydrophones with super accuracy ,not even today. Even today , bearings from whatever passive device (even periscope's bearings) are not super accurate.All of them have a little 'cone' and crew is following extra procedures for minimazing the errors at outputs,procedures that demands special equipment.
The purpose of the video is to show the principles of Spiess TMA
Most importantly - which GUI are you using? Is it your new one that is still in development?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote