View Single Post
Old 04-16-10, 04:39 PM   #754
SabreHawk
Captain

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Hehe, yup all good stuff though Mag, all good.

Heck I think it speaks well of PC gaming and simulation as they exist today that they can have us thinking of the characters and equipment as real.
And thats the whole point of it all eh? To trick our minds and our eyes.

Which is one thing SH5 does very well with it's graphic realisim. because once the eye is fooled, the rest naturally follows. Believe me I've had plenty of women do this to me rather well. They are the authority on the subject of fooling the eye, and the mind even if we allow it.

But speaking of realisim, has anyone really taken a good long close look at their crew? I dont think I've ever seen humans so well modeled and articulated. Even though some of the animations are repetitive and some lame even. I can see that these characters are extremely well done and yes even the skin stretches and wrinkles as does the clothing when they move. Yes even the hairline on the back of the neck changes and twists as one moves turns his head. And every bit of them is animated right down to facial muscles, fingers and heck it wouldnt surprise me if the toes were also. (No I waint takin off their shoes to see...........)
I was having some fun up on the bridge last night picking on them. You know, how they will turn the head towards you when you click on them.
Well, I was pretending to flick them on the ear from behind, or poke the shoulder or whatever. Was pretty funny, gave me a laugh or two.
But I can see that the possibilities are endless with them, if you know how to work with the stuff of the animations like Heritic does.