View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 04:56 AM   #1388
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0

Quote:
@Gozo:

the fix is based on "OLC 'Gold' MkII". As you (by now) most probably know it contains only a modified 'cameras.dat' and the 'commands_xxx.cfg' files. All files have been taken from OLCīs Gold MkII and been adjusted for OH / needed entries for OH have been added.

Re the dials in periscope view, as you have enabled ACM on top of the fix, the adjusted 'commands.cfg' becomes obsolete. Donīt know whether ACM alters cameras.dat too. If so, this file as well gets overwritten. Therefore the fix for OLCīs GUI is overruled and will not work. As a result you will lose the key commands to trigger the animations.

If you enable OH after ACM, provided ACM alters 'commands.cfg', some dials in 2D views may not work, as you showed in your screenie.

Iīve just checked OLCīs cameras.dat. It does not feature different zoom levels. But there is an easy way to get as many zoom levels as you like. Open the cameras.dat with S3D.

Open any of the red marked views to access the sub node 'Optical'. Right click on 'ZoomLevels [1]' to add an array item. Add as many as you want. Afterwards adjust the new zoom levels to your liking. ATTN, the cross hair readings / markings will make no sense in other zoom levels than '1'. I reckon that was the reason for OLC to delete them.

Hereīs my advise on how to make ACM/OLC compatible with OH.
  1. create a mod that contains
    • the ACM 'commands.cfg' file(s) and
    • the OLC 'cameras.dat'.
  2. open the 'commands.cfg' and adjust / add the entries as described on page #4 of the installation manual
  3. add zoom levels to 'cameras.dat' as shown above
Fantastic DD. Thanks for your patience as well.

A noob like me may learn something in the end after all......

Cheers and

Freuliche Weinachten und Prost neujahr!!!!

/GOZO

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote