View Single Post
Old 12-04-17, 08:18 PM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Well, photo recon is rather done by satellites or drones nowadays, or by Seal teams dropped from a sub. In fact I have had a hard time to imagine more realistic missions other than those actually in the game, even pilot rescues are much better done by helo squadrons based on CVs, they are faster and can locate downed pilots much more accurately and are equiped with safety boats to drop etc.

As for TLAM missions, I have made sensible progress to understand how they work in CW by just transforming these campaign missions into single missions by manipulating the game files. The red circles you see in TLAM missions are the activation points where the missile starts to search for its final objective, it's usually placed some miles ahead of the target to give the missile enough time and manoeuvre room. Sponaneous firings (out of a mission) remain fruitless because there's no such 'red circle' for missiles.

My next step is to transform more such missions into single ones to gather exact data about mission coordinates for other locations so I can add them to the Russian Campaigns in the most current mods. Finally, subs like Typhoons or Delta IV or other subs with TLAMs will become useful, I will write missions for them mainly focused on Insertions or Land Strikes. Let's see what comes out...
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote