View Single Post
Old 12-03-17, 10:11 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default Firing TLAMs outside of a mission does nothing

I have concluded successfully an insertion mission at Archangelsk, I got a new mission to return to base and attack any target of opportunity. I got a contact just after leaving my operation area, and because I have TLAMs loaded in my VLS tubes I thought I could as well fire them on the 2 naval bases around helping my campaign effort. I did so, firing 4 missiles at each naval base for a total of all my 8 TLAMs.

Result: , they headed well towards their objective, turned in a circle for some seconds and pooofffff....they just hit the ground without any damage.

I think the logic needs some refinements. Also none of them were shot down, I didn't see any SAM missiles launched from the base.

This is the most awesome sub game, but it needs completion and improvements in many areas like:

- More dynamic missions and possibility of engagements in addition to purely scripted events, meaning a populated sea when entering 3D world (at anytime possibly)
- Better mission design for TLAMs with conventional warheads making it a challenge for the player to attack terran targets (I made a model suggestion already)
- Improved missile logic
- Introduction of SAM systems against TLAMs, from ships and from land.

A bigger variety of mission types like:
- Seal rescue missions, after dropping them you need to pick them up again, or are they angels with wings :=)
- Air Force pilot rescue missions
- Missions in teamwork with friendly carriers and warships

The game has the spirit of Red Storm Rising, but this doesn't mean it should be exactly the same. Sid Meier would have added more features in a remake...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-03-17 at 10:36 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote