View Single Post
Old 11-19-08, 05:48 AM   #35
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
I too own SPB and played it, but ww2 is more my thing. After all what's the fun of looking through thermal vision when we have huge GPU's in our pc's.
Set up a match with "Turm aus" (Leopards), stabilizers, lasers and thermals set to off, disable GPS, and using the unstabilised GAS exlusively. Then it is not different to how they did it in WW2. You can set all these options in the editor (under tank damage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
So basicly you are just repeating opinions of others..
No. I refer to obvious observations by others. That's quite a bit different.

That'S why you scan for customer feedback - to get an idea wether or not you want to spend money on something, or not. And customer feedback is most often closer to the truth than some forgiving magazine review that cannot afford to point out the bad sides too clearly when it does not wish to risk the sanctions of the producer in the future. That's why game magazines have turned into crap over the years. years ago I read some of them, occasionally - but obvious bugs and flaws got mentioned only rarely, and then most often not to their full extent. That is especially true with games from the great companies whose wrath really makes a financial (advertizing) difference, or even may call you to court over a not positive review (it all has happened).

the issues with AI are present for all, obviously, it'S just that you are more forgiving about them than others. The MP issues are a reality for very many players. you can judge that only by feedback again, if you judge it by the group of those that can play it, then it is no wonder that you get the impression that most people can play MP. Both feedback in this forum and the simHQ reviewer said different.

I understand that you like the game. A question of taste it is, and so it is okay. Just don't make it look better than it obviously is, two traders, one in the US one in Germany, already sell it for reduced price - four weeks after release! - that low interest has become. that must not irritate you if you like the game - enjoy it, then. But I still will advise people on the many setbacks there obviously are, and recommend people to think twice before spending money on it. at least to wait until the patch - if there comes a patch - is out, and then evaluating what it does, and if the end result works, or works not.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-19-08 at 03:50 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote