View Single Post
Old 01-02-19, 01:17 AM   #16
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Attacking DD's

Had a interesting thing recently. While on one mission I was attacking a large Warship and Tanker convoy. I hit a couple of the BBs first and as they limped away the DDs came after me. I wasn't feeling like absorbing a lot of Dept Charges so I did a DTT on the 1st DD - a hit and it sank soon after. Went to 350' and waited for the DDs to lose the contact before moving to Periscope Depth and then a 2nd and 3rd approached. 2 more DTTs and they went down.
I tried to get close to the damaged BBs and//or Hvy Cruiser and #4 started closing. Had time to hit a BB with 2 more fish (tho he didn't sink yet) and targeted #4 and fired just 1 fish which thankfully hit and sank another DD.
I then looked for #5 and saw him leaving the area at 35 knots! I guess he feared the American sub but little did he know I only had 1 or 2 fish left and both were in the stern. Then I saved and quit. Mission was not accomplished because I failed to sink a BB even tho 2 were damaged.

I get so absorbed in this great game (SH 1.5 w/mods) I stay up later than I should.

LT
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote