View Single Post
Old 07-23-10, 03:30 AM   #1
mrcrowley
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Buchheim's Books

Well i've been to the end of the internet and back looking for all of Buchheim's books, most of which can't be bought online.
I was wondering what books (non-fiction and about the war/u-boats) he has written (i'm sure i've missed out a few) and if they're any good (if they include photos too).

So far I know there is:
  • Zu Tode Gesiegt
  • Die U-Boot Fahrer
  • U Boot Krieg
  • Jäger im Weltmeer
  • U 96. Szenen aus dem Seekrieg. Ein Film. (is this the one about what he would've done different with Das Boot?)
  • Der Film. Das Boot. Mit über 250 Farb- und Schwarzweis-Abbildungen. (is this the "film journal" one?)
  • Der Film 'Das Boot'. Sonderausgabe. Ein Journal (or is this the journal one?)

Think that's it aside from the novels he wrote also set during the war (anyone have any opinions on those btw?)...

I have U-Boat War (though a cheap version) and am planning on collecting his books in both german and english and different publishers/versions/prints/whatever. For example, I have 3 versions of Das Boot on DVD (TV series, Directors Cut Superbit version and the normal widescreen Directors Cut) haha.
mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote