View Single Post
Old 07-10-11, 01:08 AM   #772
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Yep . In the early days of SH3 some players bragged and advised that the way to take out a Flower was to surface behind it so it couldn't use its cannon. I pointed out the cheating nature of that tactic by referring to Nicholas Monsarrat, author of The Cruel Sea, who actually did serve on corvettes during the war. In one of his many stories he recounts how they pounded a u-boat into surfacing. The boat came up behind them and the crew attempted to man the deck gun. The 40mm killed everyone on the deck and bridge before they could even get the cork out, and the surviving crew quickly surrendered. That's the way it should work in any game as well.
What you explain is how my game goes now.I love it and has added a huge new dimension to the game.I had dead crew everywhere and destroyed both scopes many times on testing.Adds tension and I find myself hoping I survive with as little damage as possible.Sometimes they get lucky and wreck you from a distance but most of the time I get under with minimal damage if any.Just have to give dive command quickly.This is from a good distance as up close your toast.Also,just now I came upon a lone merchant and no more driving right up to them with no fear.Luckily it didn't have weapons but I know how quick things could get ugly now that weapons behave realistic.I just think to myself if I can take the deck gun and aim where I want on a ship why cant this ship do the same back at me.

Now I want top tweak some the scopes not getting noticed as much as I feel they should.I think its due to what I heard about the sensors of a boat being used one at a time.So when its pinging or listening there is no visual lookouts.I hope its not that.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote