Old 03-17-07, 03:48 PM   #34
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
There is so much I don't know about phase 2 yet..... so I have some questions:

1.Historical aces? Does that mean that you may meet real fighter aces from the war, and if it's true, do they have authentic "skins" on their aircrafts?
Yes and yes. Not all the Aces are it in yet from what I gather but many are.

Quote:
2.Someone mentioned the Bristol Fighter. Historically, that one had a gunner behind the pilot. Is this so in this mod, and if yes, may you take that position?
Not in it yet, although the Bristol scout with its silly side mounted gun is there. The rear gunner positions are possible in the RE8 and the Halb so I'm guessing ti will be possible in the BrisFit when they release one.

Quote:
3.Which new planes have been added?
Quite a few. Off the top of my head: the Pup, a whole bunch of Noops, the Bris scout and the DH2 for the allies. Eindekker, the Pfalz and a whole bunch of others for the Germans. Can't remember them all.

Quote:
4.Any big offensives as they promised? Like the battle of Somme,Verdun,Ypres(the 3 of the battles of Ypres?). And if yes, how does the player get some information about it?
Apparently so, although I haven't played a campaign enough to notice this yet. The front lines move as the war goes on, or so I've heard. Newspapers pop up in the camapign now and again if anything historically interesting happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Wasnt it that in real life, too, that the allied pilots found (to their embarassment) that the EIII was inferior to their planes in most respects, and the only tiny thing that set it apart was the syncronized machine gun?
Yeah, it was the gun on the Eindekker that made the difference. I was just reading last night about how quickly the Germans copied the idea from the French: French kite with new gun gets shot down and the pilot didn't get a chance to destroy it. 24 hours later it was being taken apart in a workshop. Two weeks later it was being sent out to front line units - now that is fast!
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote