View Single Post
Old 04-25-08, 01:39 AM   #279
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperU48
As I'm a new SH3 Commander user, I didn't know to rollback my settings before adding in the new OLCE2 1.5 (SH3C was set to edit the scene.dat to modify the water murky level).
Poor excuse - it does come with a User Guide you know.

Quote:
SH3C kept amending the scene.dat with an older environment version of somekind...
No it didn't. Because YOU failed to follow the instructions, YOU created a situation where SH3Cmdr was trying to clean up files that YOU had subsequently changed. It was doing it's job correctly.

Quote:
One last question (please don't bludgeon me): to avoid any confusion with SH3C, I edited the OLCE2 1.5 scene.dat myself with S3D. In the EnvData section (where the "camera/horizon" settings are), all i changed was the "Underwater -> Fog -> Zmax =" from 15 to 2, giving me a more realistically murky underwater view.
See above. Work arounds like this are NOT necessary if you take the five minutes needed to read the User Guide that I put together to ensure that you don't get yourself into messes like this.

[rant]If I sound pissed, it's because I'm sick of players being too damn lazy to read the readme files that modders provide in an attempt to make everyone's life easier. Ironically, it's the players that continue to say "be nice, don't post RTFM comments because it's rude boo hoo", when it's actually the players that are being rude by ignoring the information that modders provide, especially when they then come out criticising the mods as being faulty! That's why I no longer respond to SH3Cmdr questions where the answer is in the manual. Rude? Well, right back at'cha.[/rant]

Apologies for ranting in your thread OLC...
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote