Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 09-22-18, 09:34 AM   #6595
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
All I can find is the configuration dates might be an issue.

Your boat would have been about 25+ kilometers away when you did the external cam. Might be an issue, I dunno, though the terrain would be missing. September 1st (start of the layer) to December 13th, 1941 is about 104 days. TT1 is set to spawn-attempt every 900 hours at a 95% rate. That would be every 37.5 days, or 2.777 times in that time period = it is clear that there are four ships there. TT2 is set to spawn-attempt at the same 900 hours figure, but at a 90% rate. Again, assuming all attempts are successful, about 2.777 ships. Again, with this ship, it's easy to see that there are four of them... So lets say the game is supposed to maybe attempt to generate three of them. However, they are supposed to be limited to "1 Max Group Instance Created" (for the duration of the 43a layer), and each RGG is set to "1 Max Number Of Units In Random Group Instance". It does not make sense that there are multiples of each. One thing that is off in the configuration, is that the Yamato Class did not exist until 19411216, but they both have configuration dates (Units Version Date) in the Define Group Contents page of January of 1940. Maybe that contributes. Dunno. But this is the first layer with the vessels, so it's not any left-overs from earlier RGG...

So I edited the 43a_Jap_HarborTraffic.mis file for configuration dates of 19430601 for each of the BB, and made me a couple of SingleMissions to check for spawning issues. First up is October 1st, 1943:
PB,

Sorry it's take so long to get back to you, RL issues getting in the way.

The next time I was in game, I started go to the warships to get better look at them. On the way, I came across a anti-submarine net. I my experience with nets there is also mines. Never would have seen them if it wasn't daylight and at radar depth. I back out to a safe distance and continued on the original course. On radar, I saw another blip. Using the external camera, I went to check it out. The screenshot below is what was seen.

Knowing that using the external cameras, I lose some features on the game the farther that you go away from the starting point. Hope this helps!

Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote