Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Hi, gap!
"The best rest is a change in the type of work" I. Pavlov
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
My work habit is identical to gap!!! So makes sense to me, looking forward to lighthouses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Not step back, only forward!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Thank you for your encouragement guys

Quote:
In fact, the Düne is not at all represented, but however we may still place your lights on the main island, or perhaps directly in the sea (in this case we need a rock model) !
The Düne range light is composed of two lights: rear and front.
The rear light has the shape of cylindrical tower ca. a ca. 15 m in heigth and it is located on the southern shore of the island (Position: 54°10'56.26"N, 7°54'50.58"E, 2 m asl).
The front light is placed on top of a metal pole anchored to the sandy soil by a square concrete base and it is located about 110 m SSW of the rear light (Pos: 54°10'52.79"N, 7°54'48.53"E) in the foreshore (thus, in game it can be anchored both to the land or to the sea bottom).
The alignment of the two lights shows the safest route to the harbour in Helgoland and to the channel between the two islands (this is what leading lights are generally meant for). Changing the two light's position would defeat their original purpose. On the other hand, I think Düne is a bit too big to be represented as a rock model.

What do you know about Terrain Editor? Creating small islands, sand banks and shoals witin the editor shouldn't be too complicated.
Here is a general view of the two islands (Helgoland and Düne):

For reference, her is a chart taken from openseamap.org showing the two islands and the relative positions of the leadings lights on Düne:

Quote:
About Helgoland, here is what I've found :

You can see the lighthouse on the island :

and here the LH :

Good pictures!

I have found a postcard view of the same:

...and a picture of it together with the first lighthouse built by the British in 1811:

Unfortunately the 1901 lighthouse was destroyed during an air raid in 1945. Interestingly, the aerial picture you have posted also shows the current lighthouse, built in 1941 and then used as a FlaK tower (source: The Lighthouse Directory)

gap is offline   Reply With Quote