View Single Post
Old 12-29-09, 06:18 AM   #24
Subsim modder 32
Watch

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 1

He has mad a typo in the upc file and he have had the A0 map in the alpha channel in the O01 file. I have the grayscale version of the T01 file in the alpha channel of the O01 file, so I don't know, what I have made wrong.

I have uploaded the file here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/327427463/Type205.rar.html

PS
I get the specular effects on the wrong side too, if I import the obj file of the hull with the setting "import vertex normals" (with deleted N01 map).

[edit]
I have found a solution: In photoshop, under the nvidia export menu is a button called "Write Config..". Here is a setting called "Calculate Luminance" which has to be dectivated. After I did so the saved images were the same, as the original SH4-N01 images I opened with photoshop. I saved my own normalmap with this setting + DXT1 and now the reflections are visible again on the correct side of the submarines hull.

But if I activate the normal map there is still an ugly graphic glitch in on the surface of the hull. It is a line going from the bow to the aft of the submarine near the water line. Maybe that problem is comming from the caustics effect...

Last edited by Subsim modder 32; 12-29-09 at 04:42 PM.
Subsim modder 32 is offline   Reply With Quote