View Single Post
Old 02-23-06, 12:52 PM   #18
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Ok I was without Internet for about 3 weeks (and maybe again). So I cracked open my ‘Guide to the Soviet Navy’ and GMAX then I started modeling ships. I’m focusing for the most part on the support ships (you know the old saying; experts talk logistics…)

So far my model list is:
Generic Container Ship Based on German built Mercur class
Generic SEABEE based on Tibor Szamueli (painting)
T-4 Landing Craft (Almost done with modeling, has BMP-1s loaded)
Lama Class Missile Transport-Tender (Painting)
Amur Class Repair Ship (Half done with modeling, next time Kapitain gets run over by a carrier he can dock here.)
El'Brus Class Salvage and Rescue Ship (Almost done with modeling. Seems like just the thing the DW Russian Navy needs, can deploy the Poseidon DSRVs I think.)
Kolomna Class Cargo Ship (Just started, will have Russian Navy and Generic liveries)
Atrek Class Cockroach Breeding Vessel Errrr Submarine Tender (Just started, modded version of Kolomna)

Possible future models:
Mayak class AGI/Trawler/Refrigerated Stores ship (The latter might be a good place to assign “politically unreliable” players…)
Urga class Submarine Tender/Training Ship (A sub game with no sub tenders! For shame SCS!)
Alesha class Minelayer
Akademik Mstislav Keldysh Hydrographic Research Ship

The modeling is about on par with some of the good default AI models. I also got a Muff Cob FC (for 57mm AAs) and Strut Curve Air/Surface Search Radars available- Xabba I know you don’t like doing the masts and stuff so if these might make you life easier just give me a holler. (The Strut Curve used transparency for the lattice effect.)

^Lama

^Kolomna

^Container Ship

^Amur

^LC

^SEABEE

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote