View Single Post
Old 08-07-08, 10:45 AM   #10
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc
i'm kind of new to SHIV and even more to the mods for it. but i have downloaded one mod before: Enviromental 4.5 and i enabled it with Generic Mod Enabler but now i really want to download this mod.

but i've got a few questions:
at the top it says: open with JSGME, is that the same as Generic Mod Enabler???

and another question: this mod is not yet compatible with the carreer mode, how are you supposed to try it out then?
There are two single missions included with it.

There are more than just Xantro that have ships that work in campaign mode. I asked for help twice on this forum. I got one response from Nisgeis and am trying it but so far no luck. So I am trying to figure it out, I just haven't had much time to look at it lately. I'll figure it out sooner or later.
The trouble is there could be a hundred reasons why it works in single missions and not in campaign. I just have to find one, but haven't found it yet. I have done something wrong but don't know what, so I have to go through the whole thing over again until I find it. I only did a ship mod one month ago and never knew anything about how to do it, so there is a lot I don't know. I learn more each time but the Campaign mode problem, I just have not found.

Edit: I did make the Japanese Sen Toku playable and wrote the beginnings of a campaign for it and it works fine, so it is narrowed down to something I am doing wrong with the ships. And this ship won't go into the campaign anyway because there is no Japanese Campaign. The Iowa is the only one that should work and it doesn't either.
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 08-07-08 at 11:11 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote