View Single Post
Old 02-22-18, 02:09 PM   #29
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0

Be careful what you wish for, you could end up wrecking what appears to be a Great game like they did with Atlantic Fleet. Apparently these games are so complex that any upgrade or patch could cause a nasty freeze in game that the creator can not find the cause or fix then we will be left with a game that will always lock up and freeze, nothing like wasted time spent in a battle to have the game lock up and freeze with no way to save the game during lenghty battles in Atlantic Fleet, Also with the way we have to purchase games today, the download is updated with the latest version no way to go back to the previous version before the creator wrecked thier game like Atlantic Fleet. Keeping my fingers crossed that all these new feature request for Cold Waters do not end up wrecking the game for all of us. I will have to make copys of this version or backup my hardrive with this version of Cold Waters and turn update game off if possible for steam and GoG just to make sure i have a Great working version of Cold Waters before the next upgrade. I wish I would have saved the Atlantic Fleet version before the last patch, now my Atlantic Fleet campigns playing as Germans is ruined for ever, the creator has given up trying to find the lock up bug that was incorporated in the last upgrade patch. Players You have been warned your wishes could come back to haunt us for ever, please make sure your wish is significant and good for all of us. For proof of what i am talking about You could read the recent post here on Subsim under Atlantic Fleet catagory. Keeping my fingers crossed that the next upgrade patch does not wreck the game, apparently these complex games are extremely fragile. Good Luck to all of us and to the Creator Killfish!
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote