Old 07-05-17, 11:52 AM   #3
Contemplative Flame
Watchman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Icon7 Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That looks like a portion of a "swap" file the game uses while running. The "devel" folder (appropriately named here) would be for "developer" or "development". The "cpp" file would be a C++ source file, which would have been "compiled" into the game. So you went into a development error stub somehow.

I don't remember which of my computers I've got my copy installed on, and it's been forever since I took 'er out for a spin, but I do not remember ever getting anything close to that error. I think I've got it in an XP install... Do you have any other additional files added to the game, besides the patch?

That looks to be a Microsoft DirectX file dated Jan 9 that throws the error - maybe. Does a copy of DirectX come with the game (I don't remember)? If so, did you install it? Like the later SH games that have DirectX 9c, you might be missing a part of DirectX if you don't install it?? Some one of the other members will have to help further... I don't even remember if the Program Files (x86) folder is a problem with SH2 / DC, like it is with SH3, 4 & 5, but I would guess it is.
The only files added are some of the various sound mod files found here on the Subsim downloads. I added no texture, graphical, campaign, or gameplay changes. It is patched to official V1.1 however. I don't remember if there was a copy of DirectX included and if so, whether I installed it or not. I will uninstall and then reinstall to see if I can find anything like that. If it is a problem with the Program Files (x86) in general I will have to figure that out later. Thanks for your help!
Contemplative Flame is offline   Reply With Quote