View Single Post
Old 04-23-07, 10:41 AM   #17
immortal44
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have Age of Pirates, but got bored ( a lot of repetition ) with it pretty quick. If they would have applied SH3 stuff to it it would have been much better

imo both series seem pretty similar. Mainly roaming the seas looking for targets, and imo sh3 is pretty repetitive too. Think I'll give AoP a go. Sitting on a boat in the middle of an ocean with an amazing backdrop is half of what makes these games

Pirate simulator is a private effort - it might be good, but looking at the screenshots it might never be really finished.

It's in alpha testing, so things are progressing. The same team that is heavily involved in community mods for potc/aop so it's likely the game will be pretty good. I don't think they would have attempted a game that doesn't satisfy much of that community.

EIC looks very promising but they haven't updated their site in ages.

True. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Well if UBI would just pay somebody to make a Pirate or a Jules Verne game with the Silent Hunter engine

Why not just a stable AoP with better hand 2 hand, deep crew/vessle management (love that cutaway EIC screen), engaging diplomacy, bustling towns and a huge variety of missions?
immortal44 is offline   Reply With Quote