View Single Post
Old 02-05-24, 11:34 AM   #5
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Hospice gave my mother a prescription for morphine in her last couple of days. I'd imagine they will keep her well sedated.
Generally, in Hospice, the patient can be completely sedated and as Platapus said, pass away from organ failure and dehydration. Or, the Hospice patient can be slightly sedated so they can receive guests and communicate with friends, family and Hospice personnel. Either way, It's a rough road for the family and patient. It always will be because if the family had their way, The Hospice patient would throw off their covers, easily get up, do cartwheels down the hall and be like they were 20 years earlier. Anything short of that isn't acceptable. In short, we don't want to lose our loved ones.

I just lost a friend of the family in Hospice a few weeks ago. It's hard to see someone you care about in that condition that had once been so vibrant. She did a lot in her Community. It's never easy to lose someone and never will be.

Condolences To Platapus and August and everyone else going through difficult circumstances like these or have experienced it.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote