View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 09:16 AM   #22
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Popeye View Post
I am still getting a black screen after intro. I followed every step you explained. Except i couldn't find the SH4.exe. when I went into my folder to install LAA. I had uninstalled then reinstalled the game so everything was fresh. Did I miss something?
Yes you have missed something. The "main game" folder definitely has an "execution" (.exe) file....or it wouldn't be able to launch the game at all. You may have put a shortcut for starting the game on your desktop, but it still follows a path back to the games "SH4.exe" file in order to launch the game.

As explained in the previous replies, the games SH4.exe file "Properties" needs to have the "Attributes" set to allow for both Reading and Writing to it. By removing the "Read only" flag, this will allow the execution file to be changed by LAA....giving the game more access to the memory you may have. Hopefully, you have more than 2 gigs of memory in your computer?

Poppeye, have you read THIS reply regarding the latest Windows 10 updates? As I've stated, this new update has required me to run the game in a "compatible" mode in order to run the game without it getting a black screen at startup. This wasn't the case with my first couple of updates for Windows 10, but it is now. You may need to do the same, which is the very reason why you need to find your games execution (SH4.exe) file and run the "Troubleshooter" feature to change the way the game is loaded/launched in Windows 10. As I point out, running the game in "Compatibility mode" of a "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" did the trick after this latest Windows 10 update.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote