View Single Post
Old 01-02-18, 01:46 PM   #2321
KevinBijsterveld
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default out of fuel

sorry to post this here. it isn't a bug but I could find the correct tread.

I ran out of fuel and battery power about 150 KM before the nearest friendly base. I had calculated enough for the return trip to Bremen from the Celtic sea but around the coast of northern Ireland I got stalked by a destroyer. Not having any torps left and only 26% hull integrity (previous run in with 11 DDs) I couldn't submerge. I had no choice but to run and burn more fuel than I wanted. So now I managed to get dead in the water just before getting home.

I feel like the game is lacking here. Being so close to home and in friendly waters (there is a friendly destroyer within visual range) They should be able to just tow me to port or refuel me. but instead they are refusing my request for resupply and as far as i know there is no way to send out an SOS.

I can understand if this happens somewhere in the atlantic that my game is done but so close to home I am not accepting this.

Does anyone know a way to get my sub into port or to end my patrol? I sank 7 ships in the western approaches on this patrol and I'm not in the mood to reload an older save game or restart the campaign.. not when I am this close to my home port.

cheers,
Kevin
KevinBijsterveld is offline   Reply With Quote