View Single Post
Old 12-22-17, 05:44 AM   #2313
KevinBijsterveld
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default game crash on torpedo impact

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help so far. This is truly a great forum!

I've been able to sort all issues I've had with your help except one which makes the game unplayable, unfortunately.

I have an issue where every time I hit a ship with a torpedo the game crashes. It's not a CTD but it freezes up completely. Looping 1 second of audio and I have to end process to get control of my pc back.

I read on the Ubisoft forum that it could be an issue with OH2 where the game crashes if you hit a neutral target. (which would technically be the case if you hit a Polish ship in the tutorial mission before midnight as the war hasn't started yet)

So I waited until after midnight before launching my torpedo but it still crashed. Then I thought it might be a graphics issue so I lowered the periscope immediately after launching but it still crashed. My sound guy reported the hit and then the crash happened. I've also tried lowering all the settings but still, it happens. When I disable all mods it doesn't happen so it must be something related to the mods.

I am running the following mods, Hoping anyone might know if these conflict and what I should do to solve it.

Open horizons 2.5 (and the grid patch)
Accurate German Flags
Trevally autoscripts
IRAI TheDarkWraith
ship inertia TheDarkWraith
damage inertia TheDarkWraith
TheDarkWraith's new UI (tried v7.4.2 and v7.1.something)
Less annoying footsteps
deckkannon
realistic ammo for flak and deck gun
diesel
dynamic environment (and the one that makes the night darker)

I don't want to play the stock game. I've done that extensively and I really dislike the TDC in it as well as the limited campaign and non-existent enemy AI.

Really hoping there is a solution because if I can't destroy ships there is no point in playing the game at all and next week I have my dad (actual submarine veteran) over and I would love to show him this game.

Cheers,

Kevin
KevinBijsterveld is offline   Reply With Quote