Old 02-10-13, 01:30 PM   #43
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardmoresam View Post
I reckon that the key points would have to be:
- SH4 style dynamic map, but fixed so that it is not a "flat world".
- Better than DW sensor simulation
- The ability to walk around your sub, even if you can't talk to your crew, probably stick to SH4 quality graphics as not everyone has a million dollar graphics card.
- Far more control over the sub systems, e.g. you can manage the engines or motors, trim, ect your self or let the assigned crew members do it.
- DW style map with built in TMA (Maybe talk to the MOBO creator).
- Better damage models.

I think the better way to go about it is to try to see if ubi will sell subsim their source code for SH4.
Again, why the simming community is it's own worst enemy. I can't imagine the percentage of players who want to play with valves and circuit boards would be above 5%, but those 5% will scream to high hell if they don't get that feature. It's just not fun. That's like playing an FPS and pulling fire watch or cleaning your weapon. And what's the point of walking around a submarine? Especially if it isn't interactive in any way? The point of submarine games is to sink ships. You can't sink ships if you're looking at a poorly scanned, low-res copy of a pin-up girl in the radio room. I dunno, I never played SH5, so maybe they did something with this to make it useful.
hellfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote