View Single Post
Old 01-25-12, 09:50 AM   #22
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Just ended the 13th patrol yes 13 stil alive and shooting.

Since its a balance between real life and a game, i kinda tell it from a gamers side with reference to realistic or not.

Main bug for me is the suply missions, realy hope someone can help you out with that one.

The ship make you feel powerfull, but with caution. With good skills you have a tool that realy can sink ships or stand up for it self if needed. Ammo count, armour is enough to make you have fun, but deffently not enough to be king of the seas. Destroyers dont hurt you to much, manual gunning and they make nice fireworks. Light cruisers can be a problem, but again with skills you can keep fairly safe.

Heavy cruisers is where you only engage if you realy have to. Those ships and there small wolfpack of destroyers are where the gamble begins.

Battleships. You are outgunned. Out armoured, play it real safe. As a night raiderthe ship shines, exel etc etc etc. But daylight massive battle, yes she will sink, and hit by a battleships main`s she can actualy explode right up your face.

After my missions i actualy think the basic of the ship are ok. The armour seems fine, the ammo count seems fine and the damedge actualy seems pretty good. It might be "not historical" perfect, but the ship deffently provide you as a gamer a tool that put you right in the middle of things. You cant go as you go in a battleship. You can go abit further than a DD.

I have statet some time ago that heavy cruisers would be the perfect ship for surface bufs, and the Takao proof my point.

In the basic its pretty darn ok. Biggest bug are the no suply missions. If there is a bug with the main turret, leave it. It is frustrating, but that small thing keep you aware and make sure you dont get the "king of the seas" feeling.

what i would like.

yes mentioned before. More crew in crew manegement, with abit more compartments. Think the cleveland mod have what i would love for this ship. (cant you copy paste that one ??)

This ship only need abit fine tuning. I love it, and it is great fun finaly using a Japanese heavy cruiser instead of using a allied one

Hope you have more ships like this is the work shop. Personaly i love the Kongo, but in basic its a heavy cruiser with battleship guns, and the Takao are a newer design with way better specs than the Kongo. The Ise could be interesting, but again. The battleships are not fun to play through the entire war, to much shoot em up and to little caution.

TAKAO ROX!!! Dont spoil her

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote