View Single Post
Old 05-06-18, 07:12 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I did not want to give the impression that these new bugs are resulting from patching the old ones. The lousy patches for Intel CPUs as well as Microsoft microcode of the past 3 months or so just opened problems and technical issues as well - additionally to the old bugs and now new bugs. And quite some people who thought they made everything right when jumping on the initially recommended firmware updates deeply regretted it afterwards, too.

Nichts für ungut...

How things have changed. In years long gone by, you were safer when installing new microsoft updates as fast as possible. Nowadays you all too often are far better off if you avoid them as long as you can. My update options are on 30-35-365, and I set my cable connection to "metered". And even these settings are known to have been ignored and bypassed by Microsoft quite often in order to enforce their latest version 1803 on machines of people who did not want to serve in the first line of betatest lambs, but wanted to stick with 1709, or even 1703. Woody's list of what all is wrong with this months' update again, already is impressively long. No change to the past months' list, the past two years' lists. Some current entries are real bummers for those affected.