View Single Post
Old 03-11-15, 01:11 AM   #42
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

So after a long hiatus, and moving to SH5 for a bit (don't ask, I'm still in therapy...) I'm coming back to SH3 so building up my install again with some old favorites as well as a few of the newer leaps forward since I last 'played' (read spend hours editing, tweaking, testing, seeing new mod, beginning again and never going beyond 1942, meh). Now, my question is in regards to the Centre of Gravity variable that is recommended to be left as is (set as 0). I never really saw much capsizing in SH3, and none in SH5 (shudder <nervous tick>) so has anyone experimented in raising the CG to see if this would lead to increased capsizing, especially in the larger ships? Or have I misunderstood how that variable works?

Basically, this time around I want a stable install that I can just enjoy playing without spending more time in Notepad and Winmerge testing than in game. Obviously if it does have the desired effect I'd really appreciate some input from those that may have tried it, and is there a sweet spot/variable that won't cause capsizing in stormy seas? I like to watch my prey sink and the more spectacular the better. In SH5 the ships just seemed to sink flat which was frustrating and made me very very angry to the point wher......

Ok, ok, I'm over it, really I am. After a quick session on the couch I feel better but if someone could answer before I relapse again it'd be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Damo.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote