Thread: Nature calls?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-15, 12:56 PM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Pierre did!...vs the Squid pro quo

"In 1802, the French naturalist Pierre Denys de Montfort in Histoire Naturelle Générale et Particulière des Mollusques, an encyclopedic description of mollusks, recognized the existence of two kinds of giant octopus. One being the kraken octopus, which Denys de Montfort believed had been described not only by Norwegian sailors and American whalers, but also by ancient writers such as ADM Pliny the Elder (of accurate Vesuvius eruption reporting fame). The second one being the much larger colossal octopus (the one actually depicted by the image) which reportedly attacked a sailing vessel from Saint-Malo off the coast of Angola." After watching what that octopus did to a shark...and knowing that Norwegian and American Whalers are straight-forward observant fellas..and taking into account what a giant Kraken or Humboldt Squid (some species confusion here) can do to sperm whales, the above illustration depicted an actual alleged incident off Angola in 1801! Required viewing: Bottom line: if there are extremely aggressive intelligent squid in the water(Santa Cruz-Monterey???)-ie his food chain...I think I'm outta there!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote