Thread: The "Hum"
View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 06:07 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I visited the Osnabrück area recently, which is 45-50 km north-east of where I live. After 30 km of that trip done, there is the small town of Lengerich at the foot of the 260m elevations of the Teutoburger Forest (south).

The hum in the past 3-4 days, has shifted its activity cycle, the past nights have been silent, but it starts in the mornign and now lasts all day long, until the evening.

When I passed Lengerich, 30km away from my home, the hum dissappeared, and Osnabrück was silent. When i travelled back again, and again passed Lengerich, it appeared again.

Assuming that I did not hit a pause in the hum that just coincided with that travelling mark, It seems that at least at north-eastern direction this sound emitts up to 30 km distance. Mind you, in the past couple of days the hum lasted all day long, from morning to evening.

I wonder whether it could be some satellites using some kind of EM emissions to cartograph earth.

Anyhow, during the day the hum can be dealt with easier than at night. If only it would stay at least as it is now. At least I had some nights of sleep now - without white noise CDs.