View Single Post
Old 06-04-13, 01:26 PM   #84
WernherVonTrapp
Admiral

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
How could I have forgotten one of my all-time favorites? Three Meg Ryans for the price of one! Robert Stack..."Brain cloud". Ossie Davis in a small but wonderful role. Abe Vigoda..."Waponi Wu!" Eric Burdon doing fine justice to the Tennessee Ernie Ford classic 'Sixteen Tons'.

Thanks for reminding me! Now I have to schedule time to pull out my copy and watch it again.
Meg Ryan was so hot in all three roles in that movie. I can't decide which one I liked best. I also love Eric Burdon's version of that old classic.
How about, Dan Hedaya's role as Mr. Waturi?
"But can he do the job. I know he can get the job but can he DO the job? I'm NOT arguing that with you. I'm not arguing that with YOU. I'm not ARGUING that with you. I'm not ARGUING that with you Harry! Harry... Harry... Yeah Harry... but can he DO the job. I know he can GET the job but can he do the job?"

Quote:
Big John Cusack fan, loved Gross Point Blank, High Fidelity, Must love dogs, etc...
I'm a fan of his too. Then you must've seen "Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil", great role as a Better Homes & Gardens journalist. It's based on a true story too: Murder Mystery.
He was also in:
1408 (great, but creepy movie)
City Hall
The Grifters (His best performance IMHO)
Fat Man And Little Boy (another great performance)
"What is truth?"
-Pontius Pilate
WernherVonTrapp is offline   Reply With Quote