View Single Post
Old 09-24-18, 05:43 AM   #6
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My Steam version on a windows 7 laptop plays great.

Since yours has problems, I'd uninstall the Steam version. Completely remove the Silent Hunter 3 folder from Steam's "Common" folder, and the SH3 folder from "My Documents" if you think there's a problem there.

Use a program like "Crap Cleaner" and then reinstall SH3 from your Steam account. Open SH3 one time, open one of the tutorials to see if it plays Ok and then shut SH3 down. Log out of Steam so it will update and go through its verification thing. Then, install SH3 Commander 3.2 outside of Steam. Make sure you set SH3 Commander to Roll Back files after every log out. There's a box to check on its first page of options. Log back into Steam and open Silent Hunter with SH3 Commander to see if it works properly.

I've gone one step further and placed the Generic Mod Enabler within Steam's Silent Hunter 3 folder; executed the Generic Mod Enabler so that it creates a "MOD" folder and a desk top icon. I've place a few older, non-GWX mods into the MOD folder and they work fine.

Sorry for the long-winded reply. You may know all of this and you may have done all of these things. I've just recently done the above in order to get the Steam version to play like I like it. Hope this is helpful, good luck.

Last edited by von Zelda; 09-24-18 at 06:00 AM.