View Single Post
Old 07-14-17, 05:21 PM   #2
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawshank237 View Post
Hey all. Seems that Cold Waters is bringing back all of these long lost sub sim players, myself included. Since I was a kid I've played a lot of the sub sims from day one but I think I always gravitated back the most to 688(I).

Submarines have always fascinated me but after touring the USS COBIA and learning that fleet boats were built in Manitowoc during WWII (about an hour and a half north of Milwaukee) it only got worse. Pretty soon I needed to know everything about the diesel boats and eventually US and Soviet Cold War subs.

I hung out pretty regularly on the Bottom Gun BBS at submarinesailor.com and Ron Martini's, was a member of the Naval Submarine League and USSVI and helped out with supporting a couple of sub vets running their own web sites. And as life goes, it took me in another direction that had nothing to do with the boats.

Anyway, after seeing the videos for Cold Waters and dusting off my copies of Dangerous Waters and Silent Hunter I'm creeping back. It's good to see the SubSim radio Room again and know that there's still plenty of virtual bubbleheads around.
Welcome aboard!

Subsims are very addictive. Close the hatch and go deep. Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote