Thread: PMDG J41
View Single Post
Old 07-14-12, 03:20 PM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

More happy crashes over here. May it be that I forget to unlock the starting locks of the engines before take off: resulting in low rpm and speed, interrupting the take-off sequence, slowly bringing back condition lever(=rpm) and then trying to move back the power lever (=propeller) and by that cutting the engines into slices. May it be that I mess up the engine start, and try a restart too early, blowing off the engines. May it be - my best stunt so far - that by reflex and habit after touch-down I try to move the button on my HOTAS that usually activates reverses too early, and again sending engine temps to hell. May iot bee that I enter a different air mass and do not realise that the EEG indicator passes beyond the warning line. It's plenty of happy smoke-making over here.

It's all my fault, the procedures and the plane are just what they are. This plane is so much fun.

Just the FMS I do not come to grips with. Anyhow, its more fun to steer by hand with this beauty and handle radio navigation manually.

If airliners are not your thing and you want something smaller, this J41 is the choice to make. Once in the air, the flightmodel is very nice, feels very dynamic and interactive with the surrounding flow of air. I have plenty of airports for Germany and europe, some mof them are a bit small for the 737, between these smaller ones the J41 is ideal for commuting.

I have set my sights oin the revision of the more complex package of the Aerosoft Airbus A320, too. In August, they say. But I will observe feedback before making a decision. It really is up against some extremely competitive benchmarks now. But who knows.

I had some issues to msolve with the sim recently, but it worked out so far, and I must say this is a great, a fantastic summer in my flightsimming career so far. And different to the early years, FSX has become a mature platform for IFR flying and complex airliner modules now as well. It was not always like this. I just need to pass on all AI traffic in the sky - AI planes always sooner or later freeze the sim. But that is a very small price to pay, and I found out meanwhile that that is a problem for many people, apparently. No cure is known that works for all.